OT PESO - NSFW Apparently!

frank theriault knarftheriault at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 16:27:24 EDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 4:10 PM, paul stenquist <pnstenquist at comcast.net> wrote:
> I didn't see Savage's photo as demeaning in any way. The model was an
> attractive lady and was presented as such. The rendering and pose were
> artful. Is it wrong to enjoy the beauty of her figure? Many take pleasure in
> a beautiful face and nice hair. Should she cover those as well? She
> apparently chose how she wanted to be portrayed. Should we deny her that
> freedom of expression? Political correctness is out of control.

Paul,

Please read what I said.

I didn't use the word demeaning, Bruce did (in response to my post).

I said it was sexist.  I didn't say it was wrong or bad (although I do
have opinions in that regard which I'll not get into).  I didn't say
that you shouldn't enjoy it.  I didn't say that David (or anyone else)
shouldn't post it.  As a matter of fact, if you go back two posts I
~very specifically~ said:  "I'm not saying that I'm offended or that
such photos ought not be posted (far be it from me to be a
censor!)..."

I said that it isn't "my thing", but I didn't try to say what anyone
else should or shouldn't like or post.

As for your argument that because we don't cover beautiful hair or
faces and therefore we ought not cover cover beautiful bodies, well,
I'm not the one who says that we can't walk about in public without
clothes.  You know very well that the issue isn't beauty, it's about
what society says is obscene or lewd.

I'm no prude, but I try to be sensitive to certain issues - including
the fact that women have been objectified and portrayed in ways that
men rarely are.  I don't like it when it involves men,  but due to our
history, I'm much more sensitive when it happens to women.

This isn't  about Political Correctness - I'm just articulating my
opinion.  You're entitled to yours, and I think no more or less of
anyone whose opinion isn't in accords with mine - including you and
all my friends on this list.

cheers,
frank