Car buffs, help needed

Ken Waller kwaller at peoplepc.com
Sat Oct 31 15:35:35 EDT 2009

Kenneth Waller
http://www.tinyurl.com/272u2f

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Sullivan" <rf.sullivan at gmail.com>

Subject: Re: Car buffs, help needed

> Ken quoted then wrote:
> + Stability control , where the brakes are utilized to control vehicle
> dynamics in a turn ie applying the inside rear wheel brake to help in an
> understeer in a turn situation.
>
> Once again, not really news, late 90's entrance into common use
> No production vehicles come to mind.....
>
> Ken,
> How about the c5 and c6 Corvettes.  There's some kind of dynamic
> braking going on there.
> At least that's what the owners manual says on the '03 Anniversary c5...
> Regards,  Bob S.

No argument, but these are recent, relatively low volume vehicles, expensive
vehicles. Some improvements have a way of being introduced in low volume
vehicles. To me common usage dictates hundreds of thousand vehicles per
model per year. To see these improvements in the everyday family sedan is
more in line withg my way of thinking of common usage.