PESO - Black Pigeons

Eactivist at aol.com Eactivist at aol.com
Sat Oct 31 14:42:37 EDT 2009

These guys hung around "Valley View" -- a  vista point in Yosemite.

Despite there being a $250 fine against feeding  the wildlife, I saw people
feeding them all the time. (It is also not good to  get wildlife dependent
on being fed.)

At first I thought they were crows,  but they were way too big -- 8" to 12"
long. And fat. I decided they must be  ravens. It was sort of weird seeing
the bird of doom ("Nevermore.") acting like  a pigeon.

As I was waiting for the light to get better, this grooming  went on. I
presume one was picking something out of the other's crown. Couple or  mother
and child. It was interesting bird behavior.

http://www.mapphotography.com/PAWS/pages/pigeons.htm

Just for  fun, nothing great.

Marnie aka Doe  :-)