PESO - Passing Fall (B&W)

frank theriault knarftheriault at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 13:16:47 EDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 1:09 PM,  <Eactivist at aol.com> wrote:
> In a message dated 10/31/2009 9:13:14 A.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
> Eactivist at aol.com writes:
> On the way out of Yosemite  Valley, driving  by the Merced River, I noticed
> the water was clear  enough to see the rocks on  the bottom.
>
> In California Fall is a  very, fast, very fleeting season.  (Hmmm, maybe I
> should have called it  Fleeting   Fall.)
>
> http://www.mapphotography.com/PAWS/pages/fall.htm
>
> Comments   welcome.
>
> Marnie aka Doe
>

> ------------------------------------
> Just for fun, thought I'd  try this B&W. Think I prefer the color though,
> easier to see it's  water.
>
> http://www.mapphotography.com/PAWS/pages/fall2.htm

I've looked at the colour version a couple of times and haven't quite
known what to say.  It's good, but there's something not "quite right"
about it that I couldn't put my finger on.

Having now seen the B&W conversion, I think it's that the leaf gets
"lost" in the whole thing in colour.  It's much easier for me to pick
up in the monochrome version.  Yes, it's easier to see the water in
the colour version, but I think the textures of the rocks are much
nicer and more visible in B&W.

Overall, I prefer the B&W version.

Lovely photo.

cheers,