OT PESO - NSFW Apparently!

frank theriault knarftheriault at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 12:25:42 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 9:38 PM, paul stenquist <pnstenquist at comcast.net> wrote:

> Why is it sexist? I think it's mildly erotic and has sexual connotations,
> but I don't find it demeaning to either sex. If a man opens his shirt and
> lowers his pants a bit, is that sexist as well?

Does something have to be demeaning to be sexist?  Portraying someone
as a sexual being first and a person second is sexist to me;  you may
not agree.

And, yes, if a man opens his shirt and lowers his pants a bit, I'd say
that's sexist, too.  That being said, it's clearly not the same thing
as what this photo portrays.  Society has sexualized mammary glands -
sexy though man's chest may or may not be it just isn't the same as a
woman's chest.

The fact that we see much, much more cheesecake than beefcake - both
on this list and in society generally - speaks volumes, doesn't  it?
Women are portrayed as sexual creatures ~far~ more often than men are.

I'm not saying that I'm offended or that such photos ought not be
posted (far be it from me to be a censor!), I just find such "mild
eroticism" (as you put it) to be rather needless and somewhat tedious.
 It's just not my thing, I guess.

cheers,
frank