OT: Car buffs, help needed

Adam Maas adam at mawz.ca
Sat Oct 31 12:01:27 EDT 2009

I think the failure of CVT's for so long had more to do with poor
performance and the predilection to put them in already slow cars than
any unfamiliar feel issues. The Subaru Justy comes to mind as a
classic example (and also one of the big failures of CVT's), a fun
little car to drive in 5 speed form, but 72HP and a CVT made the thing
feel slow and drive slow, the CVT accelerated much slower than the
manual tranny version.

-Adam

--
M. Adam Maas