OT: How to annoy Hitler

eckinator eckinator at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 06:49:07 EDT 2009

hi Subash
thank you for your apology, I gladly accept and very much appreciate
it - unintentional is how it was taken and yes, I also took your
point; mine was a comment beyond irony, I suppose

as for your fwiw, the likes of them are all over and to a bizarre
degree at times; in Malaysia a seemingly quite educated man said Heil
Hitler to me after finding out I was German and I asked him why and he
said, great man, he killed a lot of Jews so I said, we don't believe
in killing people in Germany any more and he replied, yes, killing
people is bad but they were Jews... it is all alive and still there
and I sometimes think the next genocide is round the corner waiting to
happen... having learned a sense of historical responsibility (not
guilt, mind you) I tend to take this very seriously and so should all
of us. you may want to read what Adorno has to say on how it can come
to such acts of barnary.

cheers
Ecke