PESO - Half Dome Pow

Eactivist at Eactivist at
Sat Oct 31 02:42:57 EDT 2009

I just got back from a little 3 1/2 - 4 day trip  to Yosemite.

I went 3 years ago in October and discovered then it was  much easier to
get in the fall. So I thought I'd try it again. Only this time it  was MUCH
colder and I found it hard to walk around and take shots, I got so  chilled.

The second day it warmed up a little and there were clouds!  (The first day
and three years ago there were none, which is-not-good.)

Yosemite is dynamic range problem, the rocks reflect back a lot of light
and the pine trees are very dark. Three years ago I blew out tons of shots.
This  time around I used exposure lock as much as possible. Made a big

The title of this is more how I feel about it than anything  -- that there
were clouds and that exposure lock was helping me solving the  bright rock

This Half Dome taken in a field near Camp Curry. Not  a preferred place to
take it. Probably because nothing shows scale. The only  thing that shows
scale is that those little green things on top are pine  trees.

Comments  welcome.

Marnie aka Doe  :-)

created them. Albert  Einstein