PESO - Half Dome Pow

Eactivist at aol.com Eactivist at aol.com
Sat Oct 31 02:42:57 EDT 2009

I just got back from a little 3 1/2 - 4 day trip  to Yosemite.

I went 3 years ago in October and discovered then it was  much easier to
get in the fall. So I thought I'd try it again. Only this time it  was MUCH
colder and I found it hard to walk around and take shots, I got so  chilled.

The second day it warmed up a little and there were clouds!  (The first day
and three years ago there were none, which is-not-good.)

Yosemite is dynamic range problem, the rocks reflect back a lot of light
and the pine trees are very dark. Three years ago I blew out tons of shots.
This  time around I used exposure lock as much as possible. Made a big
difference.

The title of this is more how I feel about it than anything  -- that there
were clouds and that exposure lock was helping me solving the  bright rock
problem.

This Half Dome taken in a field near Camp Curry. Not  a preferred place to
take it. Probably because nothing shows scale. The only  thing that shows
scale is that those little green things on top are pine  trees.

http://www.mapphotography.com/PAWS/pages/halfdomepow.htm

Comments  welcome.

Marnie aka Doe  :-)