OT: Car buffs, help needed

Cotty cottycam at mac.com
Sat Oct 31 02:24:35 EDT 2009

>What's the latest gee-whiz technology in the auto biz. Looking for
>topics that are unusual and somewhat obscure. For example the ceramic
>brake disc is potentially a good topic, the hydrogen fuel cell  is
>probably not. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Apparently the latest Range Rover has an indicator light that alerts the
driver to a vehicle moving through or staying in the driver's blind
spot. I have no idea how widely available this is in other cars. I took
the rear view mirror out of my 2005 Land Rover as I have no rearward
vision except for reversing camera. But who wants to look where they've
already been ;-)

Maybe look into sensors of other kinds, eg parking sensors etc?

--

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__