PESO - Seen Better Days

Brian Walters supera1000 at
Sat Oct 31 02:08:32 EDT 2009

G'day all

Another one from my trip across Australia.

Eucla is a dot on the map on the Nullarbor Plain.  It doesn't qualify as
a town but it has a reasonable hotel/motel.

Back in the late 1800s it was an important link in telecommunications
between the Australian states and the rest of the world.  The old
telegraph station ruins are still visible among the shifting sand dunes,
which resulted from rabbits destroying the native vegetation of the

We arrived there late in the day and I only had about 10 minutes to grab
a few shots before the sun disappeared.

(Photoshop alert!.  I enhanced the sky a tad)

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia

-- - A no graphics, no pop-ups email service