GESO: Shonen Knife

frank theriault knarftheriault at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 22:32:16 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 2:49 AM, Tim Bray <tbray at textuality.com> wrote:
> Most of you won't have heard of them.  They're a really good rock&roll
> band from Japan, no longer very popular.  If you like sweet melodies
> and loud guitars, I guarantee they'll make you happy.  I'm no
> live-music photog but if you're a fan you'll probably like these
> anyhow: http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2009/10/26/Shonen-Knife

Won't have heard of them?  The "Osaka Ramones"?  I love Shonen Knife!
Have a pile of their CDs.  One of my favourite power pop bands (from
my Riot Grrrrl period about 10 years ago, before I got into jazz in a
big way).  Saw them at Toronto's Horseshoe Tavern about that long ago.
 They were amazing.

Great shots!  Bring back memories.

cheers,
frank