OT PC Surgery

P. J. Alling webstertwentysix at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 12:32:24 EDT 2009

It's not XP that's slow.  It's all the Crappleware computer manufactures
saddle their machines with that kills it.  I picked up a new/used laptop
that has almost nothing except XP Professional and the required
proprietary drivers and the little bugger flies.  Almost as fast as
Win2K.  It takes about 40 seconds for a full boot up, about half of that
until the drive light, so that's postup and loading firmware, roughly 20
seconds after that and it's ready to rock and roll.