Tips for loosening 77mm filter?

Igor Roshchin str at komkon.org
Thu Oct 29 10:45:18 EDT 2009

In principle, it shoud be easier in a warmer room, - as all
the metals expand with increasing temperature.
I know when my 77mm ultra-thin B&W polarizer filter gets stuck in cold
weather, bringing it to a warm room helps.
I haven't tried to increase the temperature beyond the room temperature.
Obviously, I would not use a heat-gun, but I would consider
using a warm-air hair blow-drier.

Good luck.

Igor

From: "Bruce Walker"