OT PC Surgery

John Sessoms jsessoms002 at nc.rr.com
Thu Oct 29 03:23:31 EDT 2009

From: Jack Davis
> Decided to check this thread after seeing it for a while now. I
> installed Windows 7 this past week as I read , "it's simplicity and
> elegance challenges that of the Mac". High praise indeed..I guess.
> ;) Only difference I've noticed at this point is that I have to
> reduce the pixel size of a image in order to post it as wallpaper on
> my monitor. If not it is way too large. Wasn't necessary with Vista.
>  A benign tiny bother.

I'm not "upgrading" to Windows 7. I've barely reached the point where I
can tolerate Vista.

Due to my background, i.e. where I came from into computing, how I got
started, I do find Windows slightly more congenial than Mac, but that
don't mean I like it.

Micro$oft never seems to have understood the idea of "if it ain't broke,
don't fix it." They, in fact, seem sometimes actively perverse, where
they "break" things that worked just fine.

It almost seems like it's an intentional introduction of forced
incompatibility with previous versions. I thought they'd finally got it
mostly right with XP, but it seems like every thing they did get right
with XP, they went and changed in Vista.

Wouldn't be a problem if it only affected Micro$oft's own software, but
it screws around other things I need to use.