OT PC Surgery

John Francis johnf at panix.com
Wed Oct 28 14:35:58 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 11:44:23AM -0600, William Robb wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Sandra Hermann"
> Subject: Re: OT PC Surgery
>

> They call me trouble for a reason.... It's only money after all!!!!
>
> My sister told me that a mac is designed to work with various art forms.
> It's designed to handle pictures, even in RAW.  She says if you are gonna
> spend thousands of dollars on photographic equipment, why buy a computer
> to edit it on that stinks.....
> Ok maybe I'm not only trouble, but I'm a sucker too!
>

> Your sister is living in the 1980s. There isn't much to say between PC
> and Mac any more.
> Personally I prefer PCs, but that has as much to do with the uneducated
> insufferability that the average Mac fanboy brings to any conversation as
> it has about the equipment.
>
> William Robb

Exactly.

I like the look of the new Macbooks.  But I've just got a new notebook PC
(to replace my 6-year-old workhorse).  For below the price of a Mac mini
I've got a 17" 1920x1200 display, a dual-core CPU, 4GB of RAM & a 500GB
hard drive.  Admittedly you have to keep your eyes open to find a deal
like that (a special from TigerDirect; the regular street price for this
system is a lot closer to the price for a Macbook), but the deal savings
would pay for another nice lens ...