NAS

Cory Waters cbwaters at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 28 10:04:49 EDT 2009

I built an Unraid NAS a few months ago and it's doing fine.  I think the
free version is limited to three drives (two data and one parity drive).
The box is booting from the OS on a USB stick.  I built a Freenas box
last year with a P3 motherboard but the throughput was way too slow for
the job.  I put it down to the really really old chip set.  Freenas  has
a lot more options and gadgets than unraid but all I really needed was
storage on my network so I went with simple.
http://www.lime-technology.com/joomla/
http://www.freenas.org/
CW