NAS

Gasha cirvis at konts.lv
Wed Oct 28 09:09:40 EDT 2009

I'm planning to implement one NAS for my storage also.

Custom made, and probably with replication over network to another NAS.
If you have some unused older PC, with ports for SATA disks, then you
can install "Openfiler". Freeware.

Otherwise, i have heard that "Drobo", works good.

NAS is attractive, because you can hide your loud HDD disks in another
room, well ventilated, backed up by UPS. And leave only laptop or PC
with one disk as front-end workstation.

Hard disks don't like frequent power up/down. So it is better to split
these functions, and you can get quiet living room during night :)

Gasha