Let me introduce myself... and a PESO

John Francis johnf at panix.com
Tue Oct 27 20:45:12 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 04:47:43PM -0700, Sandra Hermann wrote:

> Hi!  My name is Sandy or jeepgirl.  I have been lurking for awhile, but apparently my setting was wrong in my email so I couldn't post.  (Thanks Doug)  Pentax and I have been friends since Dec of 1995.  Hopefully I have improved a lot since then. I shoot for stress relief.  I am currently unemployed and have some extra time on my hands so I thought I would get back in touch with some of my favorite people.  I hope life is treating you all well!
> For my PESO check out:  http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_LBVQqSnxnVs/SuTFA-InhVI/AAAAAAAACbQ/5jg3p3PN0sY/s1600-h/1.jpg

Welcome back, jeepgirl!  There's a name I haven't seen for a while.
(I was still johnf back in those days, but probably at sgi.com)

That's a neat shot - photography from a light aircraft can be a lot of fun.
But you've got some pretty noticeable veiling haze there.  It's pretty easy
to get rid of it (the "Auto Levels" command in Photoshop does it, and there
are similar commands in other image editors).

Here's a "before" and "after" airborne shot I took recently:

    http://www.jfwaf.com/temp/SF1.jpg

    http://www.jfwaf.com/temp/SF2.jpg

If you try this on your shot I think you'll find it improves it, although
it will make the river look a whole lot browner!