PESO: Great Sand Dunes NP

John Sessoms jsessoms002 at nc.rr.com
Mon Oct 26 22:17:28 EDT 2009

From: Anthony Farr
> You need a "Pro" Flickr account to display the full resolution, even
> if you uploaded full rez.  Free accounts can only display pictures up
> to 1024 pixels.
>
> Nice pano, John, because of the interesting cloud play on the hills.
> I do think it would benefit by earlier or later light raking across
> the hills to give some light and shade to their contours.

Thank you.

I intended to be out there early to catch it as soon as the sun cleared
the mountains, but dithered around and missed my timing.

Got one shot and the battery in my K10D died. Found an outlet at the
visitor center and plugged the charger in, charged up the battery and
got these.

Learned not to trust the battery charge indicator. It seems to show full
charge right up until the instant it begins to show no charge and
immediately dies.