Hardest question

Adam Maas adam at mawz.ca
Mon Oct 26 21:34:59 EDT 2009

Frankly, if he's unhappy with the current high-end Oly's he's not
going to be happy with Pentax unless his complaint is the lack of
primes. The K-7 finder is comparable in size, brightness and ease of
focus to the E-3 and Pentax's zooms are at best comparable in quality
to the HG series from Oly. If he's got anything less than an E-3, he
needs to look at the E-3 first.

He should look at a Sony A850 if he wants a truly great manual focus
experience. There's nothing in shouting distance for the money except
the G1/GH1 with their EVF. The A850's viewfinder is sex in a
pentaprism. The A900's even better. Especially with an M screen
installed (Sony offers a truly MF-optimized focusing screen in the M
type screens, It's at least as good as anything I've seen in a manual
focus body).

-Adam

--
M. Adam Maas