Hardest question

Derby Chang derbyc at iinet.net.au
Mon Oct 26 05:10:42 EDT 2009

Have a fellow colleague at work who is fed up with Olympus. He's had a
sentimental attachment to OMs (and their Zuiko primes) from way back
when. So he bought into the E series when he decided to go digital. But
it's not doing it for him. Manual focus shortcomings mostly, and I
sympathise. So now he is seriously considering the K-7. Fair enough, but
he asked me a hard question. Given one AF lens, which would I choose?
Without thinking I said the 77mm. But he's a bushwalker, and would
probably would prefer something wider.

So, tomorrow, I'm going to let him play with

* 31mm ltd
* 35mm DA mac
* 21mm DA
* 14mm DA

but for good measure, even though they are longish

* 77mm ltd
* 43mm ltd
* 40mm DA
* 70mm DA

This should be interesting to see what he thinks.

derbyc at iinet.net.au
http://members.iinet.net.au/~derbyc