Heard from Ed about boat photos

Larry Colen lrc at red4est.com
Sun Oct 25 13:41:37 EDT 2009

I just got the reply from Ed. The answer was what we all pretty much
expected, not what I was hoping.

----- Forwarded message from chauvaudphoto at aol.com -----

To: lrc at red4est.com
Subject: Re: My mom, Dottie, keeps mentioning you folks
From: chauvaudphoto at aol.com

Just had Japanese lunch with your mom --  she looks good and is doing good.  If you are thinking of earning money in photography forget it!  Everybody has a camera either a point and shoot or better.  The images of the Coast Guard in the surf  sells only to the Coast Guard.  The boaters here like images of their boats in rough water.  I take the image -- print it 8 x 10 -- then find the boat and skipper again LATER and put the image in his face.  He then has the option to buy it or a larger size.  I don't even come close to expenses or to compensate for my time.  I am retired and I like doing it and to receive some sort of acknowledgment for my work is the reward  -- it keeps us going.    We have a new web site and I am able to upload images to it almost daily -- but for some reason they don't buy from it.  They buy when the image is in their face.  If you are an instructor -- take images of your students in the cars and around the cars, driving their cars -- that is a market.  You could do it with a point and shoot -- you have their names and address -- even their email address.  Send them a series of images of themselves doing their thing in and around race cars and offer several sizes.

www.chauvaudphoto.com

Ed

----- End forwarded message -----