Selling photos of boats

Joseph McAllister pentaxian at mac.com
Sun Oct 25 01:17:25 EDT 2009

Don't bother shooting any large yachts head outbound. They may never
return (tho I guess there is a lookup list somewhere of the owners of
named boats where you could get an address). Shoot them coming in past
the breakwater and race to the slip where they pull in.

On Oct 24, 2009, at 17:46 , Bob Sullivan wrote:

> Marinas and yacht clubs are places they frequent.  Regards,  Bob S.
>
> On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Larry Colen <lrc at red4est.com> wrote:
>> I was talking to Mom today and she mentioned that some friends of
>> hers
>> sell photos of people's boats:
>> http://www.chauvaudphoto.com/Boats/Fishing-Boats-Newport-Oregon/7839331_fiFHm#515142814_8dUJs
>>
>> I know how the racecar photo business works, I've bought quite a few
>> of those over the years. Living on the coast, I can see a business
>> opportunity here, assuming it isn't already filled.
>>
>> It shouldn't be too hard figuring out how to get the shots of the
>> boats, and with a bit of practice, a tripod and my bigma, I should be
>> able to work out the technical issues, but I'm not sure how to work
>> out the business end. How to connect with the customers to give them
>> the opportunity to buy my photos.
>>
>> Any suggestions?

Joseph McAllister
Lots of gear, not much time