GESO - Future food, future wine

Joseph McAllister pentaxian at mac.com
Sun Oct 25 01:10:24 EDT 2009

On Oct 24, 2009, at 16:41 , paul stenquist wrote:
>>> Leave it to Rob to use a word that is marked "Rare" in the
>>> dictionary..    \smile on/\smile off/
>>> I had to look it up too.   Good one Rob!
>> I suspect it's only rare in the USA. It's very common in Europe. And
>> especially common in France for some reason. Probably something to
>> do with
>> it being their language and their food and wine.
>> "Degustation" is  common  terminology in New York rstautants. I
>> believe there's even an establishment  that goes by that name. I
>> believe it has its roots in Latin.
> Paul

Never been to any New York "rstautants". But been to Tavern-on-the-
Green, lots of Eye-talian in NYC, and Bahston, my home town.

I did ask about it at my local Wendy's tonight, and they'd never heard
of it!    <|:-) °°°  !!

I guess I don't get invited to the right restaurants. I've been eating
now for 67 years, even the occasional meal that looked like it was in
no way going to fill me up, decorated with several sauces. From Maine
to Mexico, Florida to Vancouver B.C.. Central Europe, Central America,
"Saigon", Hong Kong, Japan, Hawaii, and even Toronto. Never heard it,
or if it was spoken near me, I wasn't listening. I guess it has been
my loss, as I love the word, and practice it on a regular basis. And
hope to continue to do so for a long time to come.

Joseph McAllister
Pentaxian

http://gallery.me.com/jomac
http://web.me.com/jomac/show.me/Blog/Blog.html