Selling photos of boats

paul stenquist pnstenquist at comcast.net
Sat Oct 24 18:27:07 EDT 2009

I sell photos to the owners of cars I shoot for magazines. Some for
articles I write, but others just to fill the magazines art pool. But
I get an e-mail address for every car I shoot. After processing, I
create a photo.net folder for each car. Sometimes I overlay a semi-
transparet "proof" mark on the pics. But if I'm fairly certain the
owner is going to buy, I don't always do that. Here are two examples,
one with "proof" overlays, one without:
http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=930151
http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=938655

The cuda owner bought $500 worth of pics. Haven't gotten an order from
the Roadrunner owner as of today, but he seemed to be ready to buy. I
keep the prices quite reasonable, because I've found that increased
volume has proven more lucrative than a few high-priced sales. Prices
range from $8 for 5x7s to $25 for full sheet 12 x 18 or 13 x 19.
Shipping to any address in the U.S. is $15. All orders have to be paid
in advance.
Paul