GESO portrait set, should I delete any?

John Sessoms jsessoms002 at nc.rr.com
Fri Oct 23 22:25:13 EDT 2009

From: Larry Colen
> Last night I found out that I didn't get the job I was hoping for,
> which means that I need to get a lot more motivated about getting some
> money coming in.
>
> I just set up a set on flickr of some of what I think are my better
> portrait and people shots to show prospective customers.
>
> My goal is to show a reasonable variety of people and moods. Are there
> any that seriously detract from the set?
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157622648829306/
> or if you prefer
> http://www.flickriver.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157622648829306/

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION. I tried to think what a customer might see if
they were thinking to hire someone based on what they see in your set.

I'd group the two B&W images together and perhaps add more B&W portraits.

imgp2622 could stand to be a little brighter.

20090411-imgp3780 has a shadow on the right (our left) side of her face.
It's distracting and does not flatter her. You could get rid of it with
photoshop.

20090520-imgp5211 If you're thinking of doing pet photos, I'd do a
separate group for them.

20090531-imgp6917 Doesn't fit with the rest of the group that is
essentially head & shoulders shots. Also it might not sell well in the
"family portrait" market.

imgp9243 needs to be lit more.

All of the lighting is essentially flat.

Check out this guy's YouTube channel. He's got a lot of good short
tutorials on lighting.

http://www.youtube.com/user/prophotolife#p/c/197F9921FE5C5570/2/gL8mhBtIAco