OT PC Surgery

John Sessoms jsessoms002 at nc.rr.com
Fri Oct 23 21:56:29 EDT 2009

You shouldn't lose anything, but the first time you boot after replacing
the CMOS battery you're going to get another of those DOS screens where
you have to press f1 & go into setup. It'll detect the hardware and save
the settings when you exit.

If the problem *IS* the CMOS battery, once you replace it, that will be
the last time you have to do that for a while unless you replace other
hardware.

From: David J Brooks