GESO portrait set, should I delete any?

Larry Colen lrc at red4est.com
Fri Oct 23 20:44:16 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 08:33:08PM -0400, paul stenquist wrote:
> Most are quite nice, some excellent. My favorite is 30636.
>
> I would lose 4992, 4802, and 9459. All due to weird expressions.

Understandable.

> Portrait customers count on the photographer to help them achieve a
> nice pose. I realize that the young lady in 9459 may have problems

Yes, she was born with congenital deformities.  They're a bit more
obvious in some of th eother shots in the set it came from:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157606554366523/

> that prohibit a more attractive look. And while you photographed her
> well, it's not the kind of shot that will help sell your services. A
> tough call, but I'd leave it out of this group. That's insensitive
> perhaps, but earning a buck at photography requires a bit of
> insensitivity.

I debated that too. I thought it might help if I showed that I could
get a nice shot of someone with her challenges, that I'm not someone
only interested in photographing "pretty people". But, I've never
actively tried to sell my work, that's why I asked for advice.

Anybody else have thoughts, feelings, or experience in this matter?