PESO: Great Sand Dunes NP

John Sessoms jsessoms002 at nc.rr.com
Fri Oct 23 18:03:33 EDT 2009

From: ann sanfedele
> hmm isn't LARGE the full size?  It takes up the whole width of my monitor...
> WHen were you there?
>
> ann
>
> John Sessoms wrote:
>
>> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/jb_sessoms/4032693455/
>> >
>> > Flickr doesn't allow you to see the full size panorama. I don't know why.

Full size is 4320x603 pixels; 8"x5' at 72ppi. Other panos I've seen
linked to here you can get the full image and scroll around it to see
the details.

I was there for three days in Oct 2007 before moving on to Durango,
Silverton & Mesa Verde. It was part of a trip that included Natural
Bridges National Monument, Monument Valley, North Rim of Grand Canyon
and a visit with an old friend who lives in Mesa AZ.

I'm going through 2007 & 2008 photos preparing to remove them from this
computer to make space on the HDD for new photos. I've got them backed
up 3 other places, but while I was reviewing I realized I'd shot these
to stitch into a pano I'd never done. Got back from the trip, went back
to work and didn't have time to do much with the photos I'd taken.

And mostly I was disappointed with the images because I didn't think I'd
done a very good job in camera.

I was planning to go back and do it again (better) this month, but my
travel plans have been disrupted because I lost my job.

Intended to be there the day before full moon rising over White Sands,
move on to Bosque del Apache the next day, and then kind of wander NW
through Arizona towards Petrified Forest, Painted Desert, Grand Canyon &
back up towards Canyon de Chelly and the 4 corners hitting Great Sand
Dunes again before heading back east.

Thought, ok, maybe I can hit it in November once I start getting the
full month's retired pay from the Army, but I just got notice for Jury
Duty Nov 3.

Maybe December? If I get lucky I might get full moon + snow.