OT -- Computer Hell.

Rob Studdert distudio.pdml at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 18:02:09 EDT 2009

On 24/10/2009, P. J. Alling <webstertwentysix at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I've just suffered a massive hard drive failure. I still don't
> know the extent of the damage and data loss.  Sending this from my
> backup machine, which itself was a pain in the arse to get reconnected
> to the internet.  I still have to button up it's case, but I'm back on
> the tubes...
>
> Now for a long long long nap.

As a suggestion you could build a Bart-PE boot disc using your living
machine, then if the problem isn't just a catostrophic O/S failure you
may be able to inspect the drive and copy files. I have a Bart-PE
build with Norton ghost on it which allows me to mirror a failed drive
then work on the mirror copy.

--
Rob Studdert (Digital  Image Studio)
Tel: +61-418-166-870 UTC +10 Hours