Counting thin paper clips in the bottom of a shaving mug

Joseph McAllister pentaxian at mac.com
Fri Oct 23 04:52:19 EDT 2009

On Oct 22, 2009, at 14:07 , Derby Chang wrote:

> Have been following Errol's very amusingly obsessive analysis of the
> veracity of certain Walker Evans and Arthur Rothstein photos. He's
> up to part 4, but here's the first part
>
> http://morris.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/18/the-case-of-the-inappropriate-alarm-clock-part-1/
>
> My favourite line: " or Evans could have manipulated the clock
> times. But why? Why would he do such a thing? Just to screw up
> people like me?

I've read the first 4 parts now, and I think I'll go no further. It's
like two old dodgers examining the wood on a picture frame and arguing
over what forest the tree was cut from.

Get over it. All photographs, and all writings, are manipulations of
reality.   <---- period

Joseph McAllister
pentaxian at mac.com

There is no off position to the genius switch.
Genius can, however, be observed as insanity.