OT - So, has anyone asked

David Mann dmann at bluemoon.net.nz
Fri Oct 23 03:50:30 EDT 2009

On Oct 23, 2009, at 9:07 AM, Bob W wrote:

>> yes, it has long been a belief of mine that getting a
>> driver's license should include a mandatory period of time
>> operating a motorcycle on the street. Forced awareness, as it were.
> And a non-motorized bicycle.

Bit of a debate brewing over here as ACC (our nationalised accident-
insurance system) has had yet another budget blowout and they're
increasing the levies.  Motorcyclists are being hit very hard as
they're involved in more crashes.

Trouble is they looked at the number of crashes but not the causes...