OT - So, has anyone asked

David Mann dmann at bluemoon.net.nz
Fri Oct 23 03:50:30 EDT 2009

On Oct 23, 2009, at 9:07 AM, Bob W wrote:

>> yes, it has long been a belief of mine that getting a
>> driver's license should include a mandatory period of time
>> operating a motorcycle on the street. Forced awareness, as it were.
>>

> And a non-motorized bicycle.

Bit of a debate brewing over here as ACC (our nationalised accident-
insurance system) has had yet another budget blowout and they're
increasing the levies.  Motorcyclists are being hit very hard as
they're involved in more crashes.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/health/news/article.cfm?c_id=204&objectid=10603342

Trouble is they looked at the number of crashes but not the causes...

Cheers,
Dave