OT - So, has anyone asked

Godfrey DiGiorgi gdigiorgi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 10:49:53 EDT 2009

Wetleather is, as someone else mentioned, a motorcycle group in the US
Pacific Northwest. Actually, it's a culinary society with a motorcycle
fetish. I've been a subscriber to the Wetleather mailing list since
1992.

Context: There is an annual get together called the Great Pacific
Northwest Dry-side Gather where a bunch of techie motorcycle folks get
together off-line to ride and cook outrageous meals for each other. In
'91-92, the Wetleather mailing list was started to manage coordinating
the GPNDG event. It rapidly became a very high volume "social
networking" chat list with a ton of my friends yakking at each other.
Another list was then created called simply the GPNDG list
specifically and only for event coordination, and Wetleather has
yakked away as a social meet ever since.

I rarely participate in the chat, and have never attended a GPNDG
event ... they always seem to happen when I have other, higher
priority things to do. But so many old friends of mine are on the
mailing list that I have been subscribed this better part of two
decades...
--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com