I think I need a radio strobe trigger

Larry Colen lrc at red4est.com
Thu Oct 22 04:04:28 EDT 2009

I put a canopy over my dancefloor today using clear polythene.
It turns out that it makes a pretty good diffuser for my studio
strobes, but triggering them optically is a bit of a challenge.

I remember seeing a post recently about inexpensive radio
triggers. Was it here? In any case, does anyone have recommendations,
either for or against?

I've got a couple of white lightings that take 1/4" headphone plugs,
also a couple of random shoe mounted strobes. Though with most of
them, if I can get one to trigger optically, I can probably trigger a
couple more.