A K7 video

Chris Mitchell chris.mitchell at which.net
Wed Oct 21 04:10:39 EDT 2009

A bit of a proud dad moment this. Our daughter Anna has just finished her
masters in musical theatre and is now an official Equity card carrying, out
of work actor!

This is an audition piece and needed to be a straight on head and shoulders
shoot. No cuts, cross-fades or acid spangle filters I'm afraid.

K7, external cheap condenser microphone, pre-recorded backing track (I'm
ashamed to admit!), CFL room lighting and that's it.

The sound quality on the original is remarkably good. The dynamics are
handled pretty well, particularly where she belts it. Youtube mangles sound
a bit, it seems, with whatever compression they apply:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPssSfBSKyI

Chris