Pentax K-7 Subjective Report
cakaltm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 22:02:39 EDT 2009
I'm happy to say that after two weeks of having a K-7 I am very
pleased with it. I am overall confident that it will expose the scene
correctly when in matrix-mode metering, except in those very difficult
lighting situations where I expect to dial in adjustment. It also
seems to be somewhat faster at AF. This is using a Pentax DA 18-250,
Pentax DA 14, Pentax FA 31 LTD, and Pentax FA 100 macro.
Things I particularly like (as opposed to other Pentax DSLR's) after
two weeks and two glasses of wine:
1. Exposure accuracy.
2. 100% viewfinder, wow what a great thing! Doesn't it just make sense
that WYSIWYG? Now things I want in frame are out instead of
3. Level meter, wow... you all know I'm a bubble off-center.
4. Dedicated ISO button.
5. Overall throughput when rapid firing which I do little of... but sometimes.
6. I personally like the status display on the rear LCD. It sort of
subliminally communicates with me.
7. The grip and ability to use AA's if needed.
Things I don't like:
1. I find the EV adjustment button and the dial to adjust to be a
little too close together. I'm getting used to it, but it's slightly
2. I'd prefer not to have to push a button in order to rotate the mode
dial (Hyper to other shooting modes).
Both the negs are minor things I'll grow accustomed.
Overall, "Well done Pentax".
More information about the PDML