X70

Tom Cakalic cakaltm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 20:04:29 EDT 2009

I don't know what you're hoping to spend, but my wife has had a Canon
G9 for a year+ and I've had a G10 for 6 months or so.  Both are
exellent when it comes to features, build quality, and most
importantly image quality. Being a point and shoot I'm sure it will be
probably be used as a point and shoot and I have nothing but praise
for both the G9/G10 in this regard. Good exposure accuracy including
with flash, little to no recognizable shutter lag.

She had the Pentax (can't remember model, high-end, higher-priced
black & chrome retro looking).  The Canon G's far out perform it.

Tom