PESO - Flowershop at Night

frank theriault knarftheriault at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 19:29:06 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 7:20 PM, Alastair Robertson
<kiwibiologist at gmail.com> wrote:
> like it a lot - did you try a vertical or a slightly wider frame - I
> would like to see the bottom of the wheels and perhaps the top of the
> flowers bunches.  A vertical from further back might allow the
> sidewalk and more bicycles to lead you out the top left of frame?

I would have wanted the whole bike in there as well, but I had a prime
(A f1.7 50mm) and there was junk just below the frame that would have
ruined the shot had I stepped back.  With a zoom I could have widened
and moved forward to get the bike in and the junk out, but I just
didn't have that option.

With a vertical frame I would have had to move even farther back, so
the foreground junk would have been even harder to get rid of.

Thanks for the thoughts - I was of the same mind as you, believe me,
but I did what I thought was the best framing I could given my
restrictions.

Thanks for your comment!

cheers,
frank