PESO - ...With Two Cats in the Yard?

frank theriault knarftheriault at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 18:02:55 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 11:51 AM, Charles Robinson <charlesr at visi.com> wrote:

> From urbandictionary.com:
>
> "Much like, but not to be confused with graffiti. Tagging is signing your
> name or other representation of yourself on anywhere public. (walls,
> bus-stops, alleyways, paved streets, etc.)
>
> Unlike graffiti, tagging usually takes less time and skill as it is done in
> one color with a single can of spray paint or thick marker."
>
> I agree it's a nice picture, though!  Very rich tones.

You're right, I mispoke when I called the taggers graffiti artists.
Graffiti and tagging are two different things;  about the only thing
they have in common is that they're done with a can of spraypaint.

I don't think tagging in our neighbourhood is gang-related.  It's a
"cool thing to do" among urban youth these days - I guess it gives
someone "street creds" - and it certainly is vandalism.

As for the tags all over our door/driveway, they really don't bother
me - I mean hell, it's a freaking ugly alleyway - tags don't make it
much worse than it already is.

Thanks for your comments, and thanks to everyone else who commented.

cheers,
frank