PESO - ...With Two Cats in the Yard?

ann sanfedele annsan at
Tue Oct 20 14:44:25 EDT 2009

Charles Robinson wrote:

> On Oct 20, 2009, at 10:34, ann sanfedele wrote:
>> So I searched for some reference to tagging here and on Frank's  blog...
>> cant find it.  Scratching head...
>> Explain please... the only thing I could think of is people are now
>> calling graffiti "tags"
>> Of course I don't really understand what tags are on the internet
>> either lol
> From
> "Much like, but not to be confused with graffiti. Tagging is signing
> your name or other representation of yourself on anywhere public.
> (walls, bus-stops, alleyways, paved streets, etc.)
> Unlike graffiti, tagging usually takes less time and skill as it is
> done in one color with a single can of spray paint or thick marker."
> I agree it's a nice picture, though!  Very rich tones.
>  -Charles
> --

thanks for the detailed definition... however  it is kind of "New Speak"
 to those of us who have lived in the urban environment
surrounded by graffiti -  which would include "graffiti art" and what
you call (or "they" call) tagging.

Noting, too, that given Frank's black and white photo either definition
could apply :)