video on K-7 and K-x - help needed.

Luiz Felipe luiz.felipe at
Tue Oct 20 14:17:09 EDT 2009

Thibouille, I guess I could live with a 30 minutes span under 720p...
but I have to be sure before I say yes... and that also means securing
one camera or camcorder to do the gig.

Since I own some Pentax gear, the K-m (cheaper) or the K-7 (better)
would be my choices. But I need to be sure, then I need to buy the gear
as soon as the job is mine. No advance payment on this one, so the
cheaper gear will be better, assuming it makes what I need. Some 15-25
minutes of continuous 720p recording, then some 2 minutes pause, then
over again - for some 3 hours, then the same in the afternoon. The 2
minutes pause would allow to change the cards, that would be emptied
into a dark box for processing - not my problem from that point on.

Do you believe the K-7 would be up to it? I'd settle for a K-m, if it fits.