Good enough

P. J. Alling webstertwentysix at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 10:38:47 EDT 2009

They miss a lot of things.  There's a sometimes just good enough works
because superior exists.

A lot of these examples couldn't exist if a higher end alternative
didn't exist.

Something like the predator can only fly where it's operators have
undisputed control of the air.

Skype only exists because a very high end infrastructure exists for it
to piggyback on top of.

They didn't mention the success of cheap pay as you go Cell phones,
(which only work were the infrastructure for more expensive phones exist
anyway).

Then there are the things that never went away.

MP3 is the rebirth of AM radio quality music.

Finally anybody want to compare the features of a low end Kodak "easy
load" super 8 camera to the fliip.  For the available technology they
are about the same complexity and I dare say would give equivalent results.