OT - F1

Doug Franklin jehosephat at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 18 22:22:33 EDT 2009

paul stenquist wrote:

> Exactly. And the driver's reactions have to be superb. Things happen
> very fast at that speed.

Years ago, I saw a physiology study where they were trying to isolate
what was "special" about different types of athletes.  Some were pretty
obvious, but they couldn't find anything in particular about race car
drivers that separated them from other athletes.  After some
brainstorming, they found that, alone among the groups, the racecar
drivers could read every word on a 45 RPM record while it was turning at
45 RPMs.  Not that it's apropos of anything in particular, but I found
it interesting.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)