OT - F1

frank theriault knarftheriault at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 18:35:26 EDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Cotty <cottycam at mac.com> wrote:
> On 18/10/09, Jaume Lahuerta, discombobulated, unleashed:
>
>>Jaume, the wet blanket...
>
> LOL. Hardly.
>
> I think they really do fight. We see a nice packaged up wrapping to it
> all, but at the end of the day it's a sweaty hell of drivign as fast as
> you can. Have you ever gone karting? After 15 minutes of that I am
> absolutely shattered, and have aches for days....

I'm pretty sure they fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh1WxQmst2o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WkhxPMhDfg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2MeWpZSeL8

And, you're right, Cotty, what these guys do is incredibly difficult
and athletic.  F1 pilots are some of the fittest athletes in the world
- they have to be to withstand those G forces and maintain such
intense concentration for the duration of those races.

cheers,
frank