Bargain Bin Score

Adam Maas adam at mawz.ca
Sun Oct 18 12:33:15 EDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 10:22 AM, Desjardins, Steve <DesJardinS at wlu.edu> wrote:
> Good score.  The *ist D is a tough little camera and a remarkably useful backup.  I have an *ist D with the grip and an A 50 f1.7 at the office.  I ignore it, abise it, grab it as needed, and it always gets the job done.  I am reminded of using the my old MX.

It's a DS actually, not a D. They had a D there for a while that I'd
looked at (For $250), but overall I just don't like the D as much as
the DS (I've owned both in the past, the D was my first DSLR and first
Pentax, I owned a DS briefly before getting my K10D), it's less
responsive despite the better control layout and certain things, like
the ISO setting method, are not well thought out. The DS also has a
nicer grip.

--
M. Adam Maas
http://www.mawz.ca