On-topic at last!

Bob W pdml at web-options.com
Sun Oct 18 05:34:09 EDT 2009

For the first time in how many years? I'm writing an on-topic post.

I was mooching around in one of the camera shops in Central London yesterday
and noticed in one of their cabinets a SMC-A 28-80/3.5-4.5 lens, and it was
only about £69- if I remember correctly.

Now, back in the day when I used Pentax gear I would have killed to find one
of these lenses - they seem to be quite rare over here, and I never did own
one, although the non-SMC version is quite common. I was very tempted to buy
it, but eventually overcome the temptation since I'm highly unlikely ever to
use it.

It's this one:

But, there is is. If anyone on the list is interested, it is at the London
Camera Exchange on the Strand.

It doesn't feature in their Used list on the web, but you could drop them an
email or give them a call if you're interested.