Uncurling roll paper prints

Bruce Walker bruce.walker at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 21:40:16 EDT 2009

Has anyone got advice on uncurling prints done onto roll-paper through a
wide-format printer?

I've been using a local service bureau with a Canon printer
(12-pigment!) to print onto Satin Photo 240gm 42" paper. The colour
rendition and depth is stunning but it's a hassle to view the prints
unmounted because of the pronounced curl.  Trying to gently uncurl while
holding the prints can result in wrinkles so I don't do that.  I can
weight the print down on a table with a couple of steel rules, but it's
tricky to even do that.

Pentax content: first sale ever! :-) Sold some (curled) prints taken
with the K20D and the DA* 50-135.

-bmw