Bargain Bin Score

Perry Pellechia snagglepuss31 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 18:54:35 EDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 6:22 PM, Adam Maas <adam at mawz.ca> wrote:
> Just picked up a *istDS, good condition, for $150. Didn't need another
> camera but at that price I couldn't resist.
>
> Question for anybody using Adaptall-2 kit on their Pentax's, I've got
> a proper KA adapter but it doesn't seem to pass aperture info to the
> body. I'm suspecting my adapter's a little busted (I'd only really
> been using it on the K2 which isn't A-aware).

I have a single Adaptall-2 KA mount I use with 90mm/F2.8 macro,
500mm/F8 mirror and 200mm/F4 lenses.  Both my *istD and K10D can set
the aperture for each lens.  However, sometimes I have to twist the
lens on the mount  to get a clean connection.  Usually once the camera
can sense that it is an "A" type lens it performs without a problem.

Perry.