Little piece on lenses

paul stenquist pnstenquist at comcast.net
Sat Oct 17 18:10:33 EDT 2009

I never owned a zoom until a few years ago. For my first 30 years of
photography, I got by with primes. Now I rarely use a prime. The new
Pentax zooms are just too good and too fast to be ignored. With the
12-24, 16-50, 50-135, and 60-250, I'm prepared for almost anything. I
still use the FA 50/`1.4 from time to time in extremely low light, the
Vivitar Series 1 90/2.5 for macro,  and the A 400/5.6 for reach, but
the zooms are my most used lenses by far.
Paul