Photos from my second professional gig

John Sessoms jsessoms002 at nc.rr.com
Sat Oct 17 10:19:57 EDT 2009

From: Larry Colen
> On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 06:47:29PM -0300, Luiz Felipe wrote:
>> > Larry, the only suggestion I can think of is trying a longer focal and
>> > lower angle to avoid the end of the banner near the floor. Good grabs on
>> > the tables...
>
> Yeah, but I didn't want to cut off their feet.
>

>> > lf
>> >
>> > ...happy costumer, happy paycheck...
>
> I reported the $500 that I'll eventually get paid for my first gig. My
> unemployment check showed up today, $375 lighter than it would have
> been. So, basically, if I find a short term job, for every dollar that
> I earn, I get to keep about $.25, which is just about enough to pay
> the taxes on it.

If it works the way it does here in NC (and I think it should if you're
in the US, because it's a Federal regulation), there's a certain dollar
amount you can earn in any one week without reducing your benefit for
that week. Your "account" has a certain dollar value - so many weeks at
whatever your weekly benefit.

The money withheld from this week's benefit should still be in the
account, and should extend your benefit to another partial week.

When I was last drawing unemployment, any week I found partial work and
the paycheck exceeded the earnings limit by any significant amount, I
just didn't file for that week.

Again, if it works the way it does here, you don't have to take the
benefits sequentially, a claim for benefits runs for a whole year from
the date the claim is opened, so if you find a week's work you don't
lose your benefit.

It's intended to encourage you to accept work even if it's only for a
limited time.

Doing that, I managed to eke out 26 weeks of benefits to cover a full year.